Alf Magne Horneland, is a special adviser at Haukeland University Hospital, Department of Occupational Medicine, Norwegian Centre for Maritime and Diving Medicine in Bergen and current president of the International Maritime Health Foundation.
Former positions include:
- Head of NCMDM,
- Medical adviser to the Norwegian Maritime Authority,
- Medical adviser to the Norwegian Coastal Administration
- Head of the NMA Appellate Body
- District Medical Officer,
- CDR and Chief Medical Instructor of the Royal Norwegian Navy Schools.
- President of the International Maritime Health Association
He is a specialist in General Practice and Family Medicine and honorary Member of the Norwegian Association for Maritime Medicine.